Warm Asparagus Pasta Salad
September 11, 2009 § Leave a comment
I made this one up the other night after looking at a delicious pasta dish over at eat me, delicious that had broccoli and other wonderful looking things in it. I didn’t have some of the necessary ingredients, so made up my own version that goes something like this: (And it turned out quite delicious I might add…tell me what you think!)
1/2 pound bowtie pasta – about 3 Cups
1 lb. bunch asparagus, ends removed, and cut into about 1″ pieces
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 T.)
1/8 tsp. red chili flakes
2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped into bite sized pieces
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. red wine vinegar or basalmic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cover and cook the pasta until al dente. (I hate “al dente”..I cook the bejeebers out of it, but you go ahead and go “al dente” if that’s what you prefer)
2. Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to boil, and blanch asparagus for 3 minutes, until crisp but still tender and bright green. After 3 minutes plunge into ice water for 3 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. Toss the tomatoes with the chopped parsley and set aside
4. Gently heat the garlic and red chili flakes in the olive oil for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, then remove from heat.
5. Drain pasta when ready, and toss into pan with the olive oil, garlic, and chili flake mixture. Stir until coated, then add the asparagus, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and red wine vinegar, mixing well.
6. Check seasoning, adding the salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan cheese if desired, and serve.
Could it be any easier?